< Back to Blog

Is your golf cart properly insured?

If you own a golf cart, you should consider reviewing your homeowner’s policy to ensure you have the protection you require given how and where you use it.

If you’re driving a golf cart you own somewhere other than your private property, you might not have any coverage for that unless you specifically bought insurance for the golf cart.

In Ontario, off-road vehicles are generally required to have liability insurance, but not all motorized vehicles are considered off-road. Several types of vehicles – including golf carts and self-propelled farming vehicles – are exempt from the Off-Road Vehicles Act.

These vehicles don’t require any insurance if they are being used on your own property. But, while there is no obligation on a golf cart owner to have insurance, the golf cart could still cause an accident, get named in a lawsuit and yet have no liability coverage.

At DPM Insurance Group, our brokers and CSRs will work with you to find the policy that best suits your particular needs.


Protect yourself, protect your family, protect your devices.

Learn More

DPM Driver’s Ed Scholarship

DPM Driver’s Ed Scholarship. Your security, our responsibility.

Learn More

Blenheim Office

24 Marlborough St. N., Box 479
Blenheim, ON N0P1A0

Phone: 519-676-8159
Fax: 519-676-0020

Chatham Office

250 St. Clair St.
Chatham, ON N7L 3J9

Phone: 519-352-4343
Toll Free: 1-800-561-4949
Fax: 519-352-6484

Essex Office

29 Talbot St. N, Box 69
Essex, ON N8M 2Y1

Phone: 519-776-6457
Fax: 519-776-7400

Harrow Office

65 King St. W., Box 790
Harrow, ON N0R 1G0

Phone: 519-738-2277
Fax: 519-738-2279

Tilbury Office

59 Mill St. E, Box 1239
Tilbury, ON N0P 2L0

Phone: 519-682-0202
Fax: 519-682-2391

Wallaceburg Office

403 Wellington St.
Wallaceburg, ON N8A 2Y2

Phone: 519-627-1777

DPM Insurance is a BrokerLink company. The BrokerLink companies are subsidiaries of Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC)